Aqua Mix® High Gloss Sealer
A specially formulated water-based sealer of acrylic polymers that provides both a stain-resistant surface seal and a durable high-sheen finish, eliminating the need for two products. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Unaffected by ultra-violet light.
- For clay pavers including Saltillo, terra-cotta and adobe, cement tile, quarry, slate and sandstone.
- For interior applications only.
Limitations to the Product
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use on smooth glazed ceramic or porcelain tile, as surface must be rough-textured to ensure adequate bonding.
- Not recommended for use in or around pools, showers or areas subject to standing water.
- Not recommended for use on countertops.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
- Interior use only.
General Surface Prep
Surface should be dry, clean and free of waxes, sealers, or finishes. Do not apply directly over silicone sealers, oil or wax based finishes. Aqua Mix® Sealer & Coating Remover will strip the surface and remove wax or old acrylic finishes. Place a few drops of water on various tiles. If water doesn’t penetrate, additional removal is necessary. New installations need to be dry at least 48 hours before application. Clay and Saltillo tile may require extended drying time depending on temperature and humidity. Make sure the tiles are completely dry before application. Test product in obscure area to ensure desirable results.
Application of Product
Read entire label before using. For new installations sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting. Surface must be clean, dry and free of existing sealers and coatings. Apply 2-3 coats of finish with a clean dense sponge, brush or paint pad applicator in thin, even coats. Allow 30 minutes drying time between coats. Avoid puddling.
Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting – follow application procedures above.
Ready for surface traffic 6 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for at least 12 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
Cleaning of equipment
Clean tools and hands with soap and water immediately after use.
- Close container tightly after each use
- Store in original container only
- Store and use between temperatures of 40°F 90 F (4°C 32°C)
- Dispose of residue or any unused leftover product in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements
MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Wear skin and eye protection. Contains glycol ether monobutyl ether. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting and seek medical attention. DO NOT SPRAY.
Custom® Building Products warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom’s® sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom’s® printed instructions. Custom® makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another. Click for details and complete warranty information.
Use an appropriate TileLab® or Aqua Mix® neutral cleaner for routine cleaning.
Additional product information is available from the manufacturer upon request.
EXPECTED WEAR UP TO 3 YEARS
- Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency and type of maintenance products used
- Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear
Depends on type of stone or tile, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
Size: 1/2 Gallon (1.89 L)
Min Coverage: 150 sq. ft. (14 M²)
Max Coverage: 250 sq. ft. (23.5 M²)