Sikaflex 11FC - 310ml OR 600ml
Available in Cartridge 310ml & Sausage 600ml
One component polyurethane sealant/adhesive.
Uses As an elastic adhesive for:
- Assembling metal framed buildings.
- Cover plates and covings.
- Light-weight construction materials.
- Acoustic ceiling tiles.
- Wood, metal or plastic window and door frames.
- Floor mouldings and door sills.
- As an elastic joint sealant for:
- Sealing joints in concrete, epoxy, stone and quarry tiled floors.
- Sealing joints in roofing and guttering etc.
- Flexible draught proofing.
- Containers, water tanks and silos.
- Excellent pick resistance for applicati ons in shop fronts, prisons, schools, public amenities and buildings.
- Bolted lap joints.
- Sealing penetrations in walls or floors for ducts, piping, etc.
- Sanitary purposes.
- New Sikaflex 11FC will bond to well cleaned old Sikaflex 11FC.
- Excellent adhesion on all cement-based materials, brick, ceramics, metals, wood, polyurethane, epoxy, and some polyesters.
- Fast cure rate.
- High durability.
- High abrasion resistanc e and tear strength.
- Good weathering and water resistance.
- Non-sag on vertical joints up to 30 mm width.
- Ready for immediate use no mixing.
- Can be painted over with many water, solvent and rubber-based paints (preliminary tests recommended).
- Certified for use in contact with potable water (AS4020-2005).
Instructions for Use: Surface Preparation: Clean, sound, dry and free of oil, grease and surface contaminants such as form release agents, curing membrances and hydrophobic water repellents. Throughly remove all loose particles and dust.
- Minimum application temperature 5°C.
- For easier use store cartridge at temperature between 10°C and 20°C.
- Break inner seal at extrusion end of cartridge.
- Affix nozzle to cartridge, cut tip to suit joint size.
- Install into a caulking gun
- For adhesive purpose apply in spots or beads on the prepared surface, tapping or pressing the part to be adhered against the substrate.
- The thickness of the bead depends on the surface texture (1mm to 5mm). When sealing is completed, joints may be smoothed with a 20% solution of washing up detergent in water. When masking sides of joints for neatness, remove tape before the sealent cures.
- Always allow sufficient surface exposed to moisture.
Technical Data (Typical)
Grey, White, Black, Beige Density1.15 1.2 kg/litre depending on colour Basis Accelerated moisture curing polyurethane prepolymer PrimingRefer separate Primer Selection Guide for details Application Temperature5°C to 40°C Service Temperature -40°C to 80°C (maximum 50°C in water) Shelf Life Minimum 12 months stored dry below 30°C unopened in original container Skinning Time 45 to 75 minutes depending on climate Shore A hardness40-45 Elastic Recovery>90% Tensile Strength 0.5 MPa approx. @ 50% elongation (20°C) Elongation at Break Over 450% Maximum Working Expansion and ContractionRefer Joint Design section Tear propagation resistance7 MPa Tensile Strength at Break Approx. 1.4 MPa
Long Term Medium Term Low to Very Low Term Water
One pack of Sikaflex-11FC will produce the following lengths of bead for various bead diameters (approx. per pack):
310 ml Cartridge 600 ml Sausage 3 mm bead
4 mm bead
5 mm bead
6 mm bead 43 metres
10 metres 3 mm bead
4 mm bead
5 mm bead
6 mm bead 81 metres