ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is a unique, solvent free, flexible primer specifically designed with enhanced adhesion properties for use onto metallic, smooth, dense and non-porous surfaces. ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is a safe alternative to hazardous solvent-based primers and etching products, to enable and improve the adhesion of a wide range of coatings, waterproofing membranes and tile adhesives over non-absorbent surfaces.
- Priming over galvanised iron, zincalume, stainless steel, copper, brass and most metals
- Priming over glazed tiles to enable re-tiling without etching or grinding
- Priming over vinyl tiles and laminates
- Priming over acrylic and oil-based painted surfaces
- Priming over dense concrete
- Priming over PVC and rigid plastics
- Priming over epoxy coatings
- Priming general non-porous and shiny surfaces.
- Fast drying and flexible
- No mixing – single component
- No wastage
- Solvent free, non flammable and non hazardous
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Easy application with a brush or roller
- Cures to a keyed finish
- Excellent alternative to mechanical grinding and acid etching surfaces.
All surfaces must be clean, dry, free from dust, grease, wax, oil, laitance, curing compounds, release agents, paint, coatings, friable material, and all other contaminants likely to prevent the ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME bonding. Flexible building boards such as fibrous cement sheeting and plasterboard must be fixed in accordance
with the manufacturer’s printed directions. Where necessary, wipe down the substrate with a damp sponge to remove any dust or foreign matter prior to the application of ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME. Cement render and screeds must be allowed to cure for a minimum of 7 days per 25mm thickness. Concrete must be allowed to
cure for a minimum of 28 days. All substrate surfaces must be secure and continuous, and all voids and gaps must be filled. Ensure all metal surfaces are free from rust and oxidisation film. Painted surfaces must be sound and free of loose and flaky paint.
Existing ceramic and vinyl tiles must be washed and thoroughly cleaned with a dilute solution of sugar soap and rinsed prior to the application of ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME. To enhance adhesion, it is recommended to lightly abrade PVC, metal, paint and other high gloss surfaces. For further information, contact the CTA
ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME should be stirred before use. ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME may be applied to vertical, horizontal and overhead surfaces using a roller, brush or airless spray. When using over existing cut back carpet and vinyl adhesive surfaces, it is recommended a sample test be done to ensure adequate adhesion.
- Tack free - allow 15 minutes at 21oC
- Dry film - allow 45 minutes at 21oC.
NOTE : Drying times will be dependent on ambient temperature, surface porosity and relative humidity
- 1 litre of ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME will cover approximately 12m2
- Coverage may vary depending on surface porosity. A minimum dry film thickness of 0.25mm must be achieved.
- ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is not suitable for solvent based finishes
- Do not use externally or on shower recess floors unless the area has appropriate falls to waste for drainage
- ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is not suitable for continuous water immersion applications, eg : swimming pools and spas etc
- ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is not suitable over waterproofing membranes unless it is a CTATM approved product
- ECO SYSTEMSTM ECO PREP ‘N’ PRIME is not suitable for polyurethane membranes
- Do not apply onto wet or damp substrates
- Do not dilute. Product comes ready to use
- Do not use as a waterproofing membrane or on areas of negative hydrostatic pressure
- Do not apply in temperatures below 5oC and above 35oC and under hot and windy conditions
- Contact CTA Technical Department for further information.